Dec 29, 2011

Lessons Learned After College - #9

Lesson #9: My World is Small
I love to fly. Every time I'm in a plane, I'm reminded of how small my world really is. It's odd how much an aerial view changes my perspective. Before getting in a plane, all I know is the world as I see it around me. For all I know, Columbia City and the surrounding areas that have become familiar could be all that exists in the world--that is, until I'm up in the air, looking down at the world I thought consumed everything. That's when I get a tiny glimpse of the world that God sees. Our problems must seem so small to Him. I know He enjoys listening to my prayers, but He must laugh sometimes at the things I pray for because most of the time, my requests are so trivial! From His viewpoint of infinite time and space, I am nothing more than a spec in the sand.

It isn't until the plane makes it back home safely, that my world becomes big again. It's then that I realize, I am more than a spec in the sand. I can make a difference here---now.

No comments:

Post a Comment