Sep 30, 2011

A Cozy Cup

If there's anything Luke has learned in our marriage so far, it is that I LOVE to be cozy! In fact, it is a word that I probably use a little too frequently. However, fall always seems to bring it out even more in me. Summer is definitely my favorite season, but once I am finally able to get over the fact that the cooler weather is here to stay, I am able to really enjoy the comfort of fall. I love the smell of pumpkin spice candles and burning leaves, the taste of pumpkin pie and the mixture of candy corn & peanuts, the sound of leaves crackling under my feet and Sunday afternoon football, and, yes, the taste of a warm drink or soup!

Unfortunately, this time of year is also one of the busiest times of year for us. For the most part, busyness, does not equal cozy for me. Youth group started back up for Luke on the 18th, and I started my work travel season the day after. Youth group started out with a bang this year, as we had about 140 middle & high school students show up that first night of youth group. Many of them had never come before. The best part is, most of them came back the second week! We've been really encouraged so far.

I always love the start of my work travel season because it's a change a pace from being in the office all of the time, but by the end of it, I am usually burnt out and ready to be back in the office--funny how that works! What I love most about travel season aside from meeting some great students at high schools and college fairs, is being on my own, discovering new places, and having time to shop in some great places like Chicago! I always love an excuse to window shop at Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, IKEA, and TJ Maxx Home Goods! During the next two weeks, I will be in the Chicago area Monday-Thursday. After that, my travel season will almost be complete!

To complete this "cozy" blog post, I thought I would end with a warm drink recipe since I enjoyed my first cup of the year tonight:


Warm Cranberry Wassail
Recipe from Aunt Aimee Fry
Makes about 14 cups


1 (5.65 oz) container Aspen Mulling Spices (can purchase at Hallmark, Rustic Hutch, Das Essenhaus, etc.)
1 (64 oz) Apple Juice (100%)
1 (64 oz) Cranberry Juice (I used Oceanspray Cranberry Juice Cocktail.)

Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan. Heat to boiling. Simmer 10 minutes.
Optional Garnish: Orange slices & whole cloves

No comments:

Post a Comment