Aug 20, 2011

Blessed with Mentors

Last night, Luke and I had dinner at Johnny & Sherrie McCallister's house with them and their kids. What a wonderful night. We talked about our lives, shared many laughs, and talked about life in ministry. As we were talking, I realized how much of a blessing it is to learn and grow with each other.

However, it wasn't just last night that I enjoyed. It was the confirmation that God is working in us and around us, orchestrating something greater than we can even imagine. A few years ago when Luke and I started dating seriously, I knew that he was planning to be a youth pastor and that ministry would be a part of our lives, so I started praying that God would lead us to a church where we could develop a relationship with the senior pastor and learn from him and his family. Not only that, I prayed that I would be able to connect well with the pastor's wife. I knew that Luke and I were going to have to live like sponges, absorbing advice and learning from those who have been doing this for years. Little did I know, that those prayers would lead us back to the church I grew up in. I cannot even describe to you how blessed we are to know Johnny and Sherrie and their kids. They have been in ministry (primarily youth ministry) for about 20 years, which is a lot of experience for Luke and I to draw from. God also answered my prayer in connecting well with the pastor's wife because Sherrie and I have very similar interests--we love to decorate and entertain, we treasure our time with family and hold that as a priority above ministry events, and we like things CLEAN! :)

In a couple months, Luke will be starting year two of full-time youth ministry. The first year has flown by, and we greatly looking forward to all that God is going to do this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment