Jun 22, 2011

Front Row Seats

On Monday night, Luke and I took some students to the Hillsong concert in Indianapolis. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Hillsong, they are an amazing worship band based out of Australia. Most of the worship songs sung in church today were written by Hillsong. I went to one of their concerts a couple years ago at Willow Creek Church in Chicago and it was, by far, the best worship experience I've ever encountered. I was thrilled when I found out they were coming to Indiana! We booked our tickets a while ago and had a student back out shortly before we left, so Luke's mom, Deb, ended up going with us! What a treat. When we arrived, we found our seats (which were pretty far up, but had a great view). One of the students ordered cotton candy, and we anxiously awaited the start of the concert. A few minutes before the concert was scheduled to start, a guy came up behind us and with his Australian accent, leaned down to Luke and said, "Hey Boss, do you guys want to sit in the front row tonight?" After asking many skeptical questions, we finally realized he was serious! So we ended up watching the concert from the FRONT ROW! It was incredible. We're not sure why God chose to bless us with such amazing seats, but the concert definitely exceeded our expectations. There's nothing greater than being in a room filled with thousands of people worshipping God!

No comments:

Post a Comment