As Luke and I wrapped up the end of youth group in May, we took a deep breath in and another breath out as we realized that our Sundays would be a little less hectic than they have been through the school year. Then we turned our calendar to June and everything changed. Are you ready for this? I was in San Diego all last week for a work conference (rough, I know!). I've posted pictures below just to show you how rough it really was to "work" in California all week. :) I left for San Diego the morning after Anne's graduation party and returned home the day of her graduation. I was home for a day and then Luke left for Philadelphia on a missions trip. He won't be home until Friday night, the 17th. That's just the beginning of June. This weekend also happens to be one of the busiest weekends at work for me, so just as Luke gets back, I'll be headed out the door for Freshmen Registration Weekend at HU. My office organizes and facilitiates the weekend and this Friday and Saturday, we will host about 300 students and their parents on campus. Trust me, I will be ready to put my feet up Saturday night! Fortunately, the 20th-25th, Luke and I don't have much planned, but then Luke and I jet off again on the 26th for a week in Tennessee for the middle school mission trip (luckily, this mission trip, we'll be together). Phew! Hope you made it through that. Like I told you, June is BUSY! We plan to make up for it in July with a lot of rest and relaxation. Speaking of, take a look at my San Diego pics below:


 |
| Padres vs. Rockies Baseball Game |
 |
| The Ladies in our Hotel Room on the Last Night |
 |
| My co-workers from HU who went on the trip |
On another note, please be praying for Luke and his team of 22 students and 3 adults who are in Philly this week on the mission trip. I have already heard some great updates and stories and am looking forward to sharing some with you when Luke returns.
No comments:
Post a Comment