Feb 23, 2011

Bring on the mud!

This week did NOT start as I expected it to. The sleet and snow mix that we got Monday afternoon was an welcomed surprise after spending a week in the 50's. Usually, I bundle up when I head to work...yes, complete with my snow boots and skiing gloves! But not Monday. Monday, I ventured into work ready for spring, and happy to finally see the grass again! I had my heels and just a thin winter coat. A few hours later, I stared out my office window in disbelief as I watched the grass get covered again with a thick blanket of snow.

When I left for work, it took me nearly 20 minutes to scrape off the ice that had overtaken my windows! As I left work, it was less than 5 minutes into my drive when I had to pull off the road to re-scrape my windshield. I literally could not see the road in front of me. I had to pull off twice within a few minutes. On my second attempt to pull off to the side of the road, I pulled off into a church driveway. Unfortunately, I couldn't even see the driveway, so I slowly felt my car going down a hill into some grass, as I frantically tried to steer my car back onto the drive (that I couldn't see). No luck! My car quickly sunk into a pit of mud and ice. It was so deep that if I would have opened my driver's door, mud and water would have seeped into my car. My whole front driver's side tire was submerged in mud. Disgusting! Luckily, I was able to crawl uphill out my passenger side door and call a co-worker for help. Before, he arrived, I summoned another guy pulling out of a nearby business to help pull me out as well. With their big trucks, I was out in no time! What a blessing. There is no doubt in my mind that the situation could've been a lot worse. I probably would've ended up in a collision if I would have stayed on the highway much longer with such low visibility. My car has no visible damage except for a thick layer of mud, now covered by a layer of ice! It is now in desperate need for some TLC from the local car wash.


This picture honestly doesn't do my car justice! My whole tire is still caked in mud.


No comments:

Post a Comment